Operating Principle and Advantages
Campaigns with a time limit work without coupon codes. The price reduction happens directly on Amazon. Testers can apply to your campaigns and only the testers you selected will receive a notice about the time frame of the price reduction.
Make sure to read the "Possible risks" section at the bottom of this page.
Creating the Campaign
The first step in the campaign creation process is the same as in normal campaigns. In step 2 (Campaign type) you have to check the box "Limited offer".
Proceed as usual with step 3 and 4.
Step 5 (Settings):
Enter the exact time period in which the product price will be reduced on Amazon in "Start Date Coupons" and "End Date Coupons".
💡 If you intend to sell the product for a very low price, we recommend to set the time period to a maximum of 30 minutes - thus the probability of your product being bought by non-product testers will be minimized.
With "Start Date" and "End Date" you can determine the running time of your campaign on Deals.
E.g.: If the Amazon price reduction is on Wednesday between 19:00 and 19:30, your campaign should at least start on Monday (Start Date). Thus, you have a few days to collect testers for your campaign. The End Date needs to be at least a day after the Amazon price reduction is done (meaning Thursday). We recommend to approve the applicants manually on the day of the price reduction (e.g. on Wednesday morning). Product testers will receive the Email about their Deal approval on Wednesday morning and are now less likely to forget the time frame.
⚠️ The data you enter while creating the campaign is independent from your Amazon settings. The actual price change has to be done in your Seller Central on Amazon. Please read the section "Listing Changes in Seller-Central" further down on the page.
- Unlock applicants automatically: As soon as an application is received the applicant will immediately be provided with a coupon code or (in case of a flash sale) with the set time span of your discount.
- Testers who have already received this product cannot apply: Check this box so that testers who have already won a bid in the past (e.g. in an older campaign) cannot apply for your product again.
- No feedback required: Check this box if you want people to only buy your product but not review it.
- Create interval: You can set the amount of applicants that will receive a coupon code per day. If you enter something applicants will be provided with codes automatically so you won't have to accept applications manually.
- Start Date Coupons: Enter the start date of the discount campaign on Amazon here.
- End Date Coupons: Enter the end date of the discount campaign on Amazon here.
- Start Date and End Date: Here you specify the time period during which the product testers have time to apply for your campaign on ShopDoc Deals. The start date should be before the actual discount campaign. Please set the end date to one day after the discount campaign. On deals, campaigns always go offline at midnight. This means that if the end date is set to 10 February, the campaign goes offline at 0:00 a.m. on 10 February.
- Minimum reliability: Reviewers on ShopDoc Deals are ranked by what we call the reliability score. Reviewers can increase their score by rating Amazon listings, buying and (internally) reviewing discounted products they applied for etc. A good score is something like 70 and up, but you are free to set a lower or higher value for your campaigns.
💡 We recommend that you do not use automatic activation for this type of campaign. If the Amazon price reduction is e.g. on Wednesday between 19:00 and 19:30, your campaign should at least start on Monday (Start Date). Thus, you have a few days to collect testers for your campaign. The End Date needs to be at least a day after the Amazon price reduction is done (meaning Thursday). We recommend to approve the applicants manually on the day of the price reduction (e.g. on Wednesday morning or at least 24 to 12 hours before). Product testers will receive the Email about their Deal approval on Wednesday morning and are now less likely to forget the time frame.
In Step 7 (Coupons) you can not insert coupon codes like in normal campaigns, instead you need to state how many testers can apply for your campaign.
Click on "Save" afterwards. Your campaign will be reviewed and activated within 24 hours.
Listing Changes in the Seller-Central
During the price reduction period, we strongly recommend to change the Max Order Quantity of your product to 1 per order, otherwise testers might be able to buy several units with a discount.
Please consider that an already low-priced product might turn into a Plus Product after you reduce the price further.
This is how you set the Max Order Quantity in your Seller Central:
- Open your Seller Central and click on Inventory > Manage Inventory
- Search for the respective ASIN and click on "Edit"
- Put "1" in Offer > Max Order Quantity
Setting a Temporary Price Change
If you are using a repricer, you can set the price reduction and its time frame with it.
If not, you need to change it manually:
- Click on Inventory > Manage Inventory
- Look for the respective listing
- Change the price
Campaigns with temporary price reductions on Amazon involve certain risks.
Note: We assume no liability for this type of campaign - use it at your own risk.
- The price change may lead to a (temporary) loss of the BuyBox.
- During the price reduction period, your product can also be purchased by "normal" customers, i.e. customers who are not product testers.
- Your product can be bought several times and might lead to a Out-of-Stock status.
- Your product can turn into a Plus Product - Therefore, do not lower the price too much.
- Your offer might become public on websites such as MyDealz and thus reach a significantly higher number of people than originally planned. We therefore recommend that you set the time window for the deal to a maximum of 20 to 30 minutes.